Gluten Free Potato Cakes Recipe
These gluten free potato cakes are great for using up leftover mashed potatoes. They are quick and easy to make and I serve them with a sweet chili sauce. A delicious midnight snack!
Gluten Free Potato Cakes recipe
Are you ready to try my gluten free potato cake recipe? Then let’s get started:
Ingredients – What do you need?
- Leftover potatoes
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain gluten-free flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 spring onion chooped to serve
- Sweet chili sauce ( optional)
Instructions – What do you do?
- Put the cold mashed potato into a large mixing bowl.
- Add and gently mix, red onion, the beaten egg, flour, herbs, salt & pepper.
- Make the mixture into desired-sized potato cakes and put into the fridge to chill for around 20 minutes. I tend to use a tablespoon to scope up the desired amount, of potato. Then gently roll it in my hand to make a circle. Next pop it down onto a floured surface and press into a disc shape.
- After chilling heat oil up to fry either in a frying pan or a deep-fat fryer. Fry until golden brown and sizzling. Mine takes about 8-10 minutes depending on size.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce and salad.
Curious about whether potatoes are gluten-free? Dive into this article exploring the gluten-free status of everyone’s favorite starchy staple..