These muffins are very yummy and are great for a lazy weekend brunches, I serve mine with fried eggs, beans and a large pot of tea. Ketchup is optional. This recipe is a variation of my Gluten-Free Blue Berry muffins.
This recipe will make 6-7 delicious muffins.
What do you need?
- 125 g (4.5 ounces)gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50 g (2 ounces) cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 -3 rashers good quality bacon chopped
- 40 ml (1.5 fl oz) vegetable oil -only add if your bacon has very little fat, or the muffins will become too oily
- 1 free-range egg
- 50 ml ( 2fl oz) of milk
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
What do you do?
- Heat oven to 180 c or Gas 4.
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cheese, chopped bacon, herbs, salt & pepper.
- In a jug beat an egg, add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients. Mix together well.
- Divide the mixture between 6-7 muffin cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Not sure if that they are cooked? Put a clean skewer in the middle of the muffin if it comes out clean then they are cooked.
- Leave to cool and devour.