Gluten Free Chicken Curry Recipe
Curry is so versatile, meat, vegetable, fish whatever you fancy. This is a firm family favourite, you can make it as hot or as mild as you like
What do you need?
- Any meat or fish (I use a whole medium roasted chicken for four people).
- 1 cooking apple finely sliced
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 dessertspoons curry paste ( whatever brand you use double-check its gluten-free or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoon sultanas
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 500ml (just under a pint) Gluten-free stock
- Salt & Pepper
What do you do?
- Roast the chicken per manufacture instructions.
- Finely slice an onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft but do not burn.
- Finely slice a peeled cooking apple add to onion fry for 3 minutes.
- Add in curry paste, lemon juice, coconut, sultanas, chutney, salt, pepper.
- You may need to add a little water if very thick fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add all stock and bring it to boil.
- Turn down and simmer for 20 minutes until everything is soft.
- When chicken is cool enough to touch strip and add to curry sauce, heat through until all is piping hot.
- Serve with Rice, yogurt and naan bread.