There is nothing like growing your own vegetables and using them in tasty easy recipes. This recipe is very versatile and can be made with or with meat. You can add whatever veg you like.
What do you need?
- 1 large marrow can serve two people
- 250g (9 ounces) minced meat (you can leave this out to make it vegetarian and add rice )
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- two cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 green or red chilli (depends on how hot you like things) I added red chilli flakes also
- 400g tin (14 ounces) of chopped tomatoes ( you can use fresh if you like)
- Gluten-free breadcrumbs I used two slices of bread
- Cheese to top I used Mexicana
What do you do?
- Cut marrow in half longways and pre-roast for about 20 minutes at 200c or Gas 6.
- Once cool scrape out the middle of the marrow and put aside.
- Fry onion until soft then add meat if using and fry until cooked.
- Then add crushed garlic, chilli, tomatoes, and marrow which you scraped out fry until fully cooked.
Season with salt & Pepper.
- Make the bread into fine crumbs and grate the cheese in, then sprinkle over the top of the marrow.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200c.