This recipe is a great alternative to a quiche. It is delicious hot or cold and can be made with meat or without. It is very easy to make, quick and cheap too. What’s not to love about this versatile meal. I serve with baked beans, a salad or homemade potato wedges.
What do you need?
- 2-3 courgettes grated.
- 1 Large onion.
- 3 rashers of bacon.
- 125 ( 4.5 ounces) g grated cheddar cheese.
- 125 g( 4.5 ounces) gluten-free flour.
- 50 ml ( 2 fl oz) oil.
- 4 Eggs.
- Italian herbs.
- salt and pepper.
What do you do?
- Grate the courgettes and put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Grate or finely chop the onion add to the courgettes.
- Chop up the bacon add to the mixture.
- Add in the cheese, flour, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the eggs together with the oil and mix well with the dry ingredients.
- Put mixture into a well-greased flan tray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes on gas 6 or 200 c.
This recipe is really fun and easy to change, depending on what you are in the mood to eat. I have also tried red and yellow peppers and mushrooms. Happy cooking…
Thank you to my friend Linzi who gave me the original recipe which I adapted ?.