These little cakes are really easy to make, they are a bit like a fruity pancake.
Really yummy to eat with or without butter. Just make sure your griddle pan is really hot so they cook all the way through.
This recipe makes about 10 -12 cakes.
What do you need?
- 225 g Gluten free self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 110 g butter
- 60 g castor sugar
- 60 g currents
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbs milk
What do you do?
- Mix flour and salt and rub in butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar and currants.
- Mix to a fairly soft dough with beaten egg and milk.
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and cut into rounds.
- Cook on a greased griddle, moderate heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve buttered hot or cold.