Gluten Free Fruit Scones Recipe
Fruit scones are one of my all-time favourite treats to make. They are quick and easy to make. They are totally delicious with some strawberry jam, a dollop of cream and a pot of tea. What could be better?
The recipe makes about 10-12 scones depending on how big you want to make them.. enjoy.
What do you need?
- 225g (8 ounces) self-raising gluten-free flour.
- 30g ( 1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 60g ( 2ounces) castor sugar
- 60g ( 2ounces) saltarners
- 1 egg
- 150 ml ( 5 fl oz) milk
What do you do?
- Rub the butter into the flour until like breadcrumbs.
- Beat an egg and add to milk.
- Add milk and egg to flour, stir until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 10 cm thickness.
- Cut out with round dough cutters, add to a greased baking tray and brush tops with a little egg.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes on gas 6 or 200 c.