Gluten Free Cheese Scones Recipe
Who doesn’t love a cheese scone? If you don’t then you can simply omit the cheese for fruit. Either way, these scones are quick and easy to make, good on the purse and delicious for the mouth…
What do you need?
- 225 g ( 8 ounces) gluten-free plain or rice flour
- 30 g ( 1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 60 g ( 2ounces) cheese or (raisins if making fruit scones)
- pinch of salt or ( 30 g ( 2ounces) castor sugar if making fruit)
- 150 ml ( 5 fl oz ) pint milk
What do you do?
- Rub the butter into the flour until like breadcrumbs.
- Add pinch salt
- Mix in milk and beaten egg.
- Bring ingredients together and mix well.
- Turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll dough out to the depth of about 1 centimeter and cut out using round dough cutters.
- Brush top with egg and cook in oven gas 6 or 200 c for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool and enjoy…
If you have any pictures you would like to share, we’d love to see them. Just hit the share button..