These fruit buns are one of my dad’s favourites. So easy to make, they are similar to a scone. Lovely with a bit of butter or on their own with a cuppa.
Makes around 12 buns.
What do you need?
- 225 g ( 8 ounces) gluten free self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 100 g ( 3.5 ounces) butter
- 85 g ( 2 ounces) mixed dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon mixed peel
- 55 g ( (1.5 ounces) castor sugar
- 1 medium egg
- a little milk to mix.
What do you do?
- Preheat oven to 200 c or Gas 6.
- Grease baking trays.
- Rub the butter into flour to make bread crumbs.
- Add salt
- Add fruit, mix peel, and sugar.
- Beat eggs with milk add to dry flour mix.
- Make into a stiff dough.
- Take a dessert spoon sized heap and put it onto the baking tray.
- Bake and leave to cool.