Gluten Free Leek and Potato Soup
What could be more comforting than this delicious warming soup? It is easy and economical to make, you can make batches of it which you can freeze for later. This soup feels like getting a warm cosy cuddle, perfect for a cold day. Match it up with some warm crusty bread, heaven.
What do you need?
- 1b or 16oz of potatoes
- 2 large leeks
- 1-2 litres of chicken or vegetable stock – depends on how thick you like your soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian herbs
- Knob of butter and fresh coriander
What do you do?
- Peel and chop the potatoes
- Clean and chop the leeks
- Place potatoes and leeks into a large pan and add hot stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 45-50 minutes stir occasionally
- It is ready when the potato is soft
- Add salt, pepper and Italian herbs
- Just before serving I add a knob of butter or cream and fresh coriander
- Serve with with warm crusty bread