Gluten Free Butternut Squash Soup
This Gluten Free Butternut Squash soup is an adaption from my lovely friend Susans recipe (thank you so much for sharing!). I love making this hearty soup on a cold Winters day, serve it with warm crusty bread.. mouth-watering.
Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Soup
What do you need?
- 1 Small Butternut Squash
- 1 Medium onion
- 2 Large carrots
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon dried red chillies or 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 Pint of vegetable stock
- 400g Can of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley to garnish
What do you do?
- Peel and de-seed the squash, cut it into small cubes
- Cube the onion and carrots
- Put the squash, onion and carrots into a roasting dish and roast for an hour or until brown
- In a large pot put roasted vegetables, cumin seeds, chillies and stock
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper
- Just before serving add parsley and serve with warm crusty bread