Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
This cake is delightfully fresh and light and very easy to make. It is best made with real fresh lemons, fabulous with a glass of bubbles.
What do you need?
- 170g (6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 170g ( 6 ounces) light brown sugar
- 170g (6 ounces) self-raising gluten-free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds (optional)
- icing sugar
What do you do?
- Pre-heat oven to 160c
- Beat butter & sugar with a whisk or hand until pale.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time each with a spoonful of flour.
- Add the rest of the flour and mix well.
- Finely grate in the rind of the lemon then juice the lemon and add about 3/4 leave some for the icing.
- Grease and line an 18inch loaf tin add cake batter making sure it is level.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- To make sure the cake is fully cooked use a clean skewer, push into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
- Once the cake has cooled mix the lemon juice and icing sugar together to make a runny thin icing and drizzle over the top of the cake.