Gluten Free Victoria Sponge Recipe
Victoria sponge a timeless classic. Light fluffy sponge, rich strawberry jam, creamy butter icing and a light dusting of icing sugar to top it all. What could be better?
What do you need?
- 170 g ( 6 ounces) butter
- 170 g ( 6 ounces) castor sugar
- 170 g (6 ounces) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
What do you do?
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs slowly and fold in small amounts of flour as you go.
- Line two cake tins 7 inches and grease well, including the bottom.
- Divide mixture between the two tins.
- Bake 20-25 mins 180 c or Gas 4.
- Cool and then decorate. You can use buttercream and jam to fill, dust the top with icing sugar. Or you could just ice it.
- Orange- add 2 tbs orange juice and rind of the orange to the mixture and cover with orange icing.
- Chocolate – add 30 g cocoa powder to the mixture and cover in chocolate icing.
- Coffee – add 30 g instant coffee to the mixture and cover in coffee icing.