Gluten Free Mince Pies Recipe
I love a mince pie at any time of the year but especially at Christmas. This easy recipe really delivers on that festive flavour. So kick back, grab your apron and get cooking this old seasonal favourite.
This recipe makes about 12 mince pies.
What do you need?
- 200 g ( 7 ounces) gluten free plain flour
- 125 g ( 4.5 ounces) unsalted butter cubed.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- zest of two clementines.
- 250 g Jar of gluten-free mincemeat (most supermarkets now sell this).
- 1-2 tbsp Brandy (optional).
- 30 g ( 1ounce) toasted almonds.
- 50 g ( 2 ounces) dried cranberries.
What do you do?
- Rub the butter into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, half the clementine zest and two tbsp of cold water, mix until the dough comes together adding more water if needed.
- Chill dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, wrapped in clingfilm.
- Preheat oven to gas 6, 200 c, fan 180 c.
- In a bowl mix the mincemeat, rest of the clementine zest, brandy (if using), almonds and cranberries.
- Roll out dough to about 2-3 mm thick. Cut out 12 mince pie bases and add to a greased 12-hole pie tin.
- Put 1 large tsp of mincemeat into each pastry case.
- Cut out stars and place onto of the mincemeat, brush with a little milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire cooler rack and when cold sprinkle with icing sugar and serve…