Welcome to our post about gluten-free gingerbread. I love this recipe and use it for my Christmas gingerbread biscuits. However it’s great to use at other times of the year too. The texture of the dough and the final product is very soft, smells amazing and it just melts in your mouth.
What you need
- 350 g ( 12 ounces) Rice or plain gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 175 g ( 6 ounces) dark soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg
- icing sugar to decorate
- Edible decorations
What to do
- Mix together flour, spices, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add butter in small cubes and rub in until the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Add in sugar.
- Mix in golden syrup, beaten egg, until mixture comes together.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Tip dough out onto a floured surface. The dough may be very soft so be gentle.
- Roll out with a rolling pin to a depth of a two-pound coin.
- Cut out shapes.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes on 160 fan oven (Gas 3).
- Leave to fully cool then decorate with icing and edible decorations.
We would love to see any of your pictures of gingerbread you have made so please share..