Fruit scones are one of my all-time favourite treats to make. They are quick and easy to make. They are totally delicious with some strawberry jam, a dollop of cream and a pot of tea. What could be better?
The recipe makes about 10-12 scones depending on how big you want to make them.. enjoy.
What do you need?
- 225g self raising gluten free flour.
- 30g unsalted butter
- 60g castor sugar
- 60g saltarners
- 1 egg
- 1/4 pint milk
What do you do?
- Rub the butter into the flour until like breadcrumbs.
- Beat an egg and add to milk.
- Add milk and egg to flour, stir until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 10 cm thickness.
- Cut out with round dough cutters, add to a greased baking tray and brush tops with a little egg.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes on gas 6 or 200 c.