Melting moments were a staple when I was growing up they are so easy and quick to make. With various different options, you will never get bored. A great one for children’s parties and can be given as an edible present as they look really lovely when decorated.
The recipe makes about 20 biscuits.
What do you need?…
- 110 g butter
- 45 g icing sugar
- 55 g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 55 g corn flour
- 3-4 drops of vanilla essence ( or 1 tsp ginger or 1 tsp cinnamon or 1 tsp orange peel) depending on what you fancy)
- Desiccated coconut (if using)
- Decorations: cherries, sweets or whatever you like ( please note the decorations shown are not gluten-free).
What do you do?…
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Sieve the cornflour and the gluten-free flours and add to butter and mix well.
- Add vanilla drops or your chosen flavour.
- Roll mixture into about 20 walnuts size balls, flatten, (can roll in desiccated coconut if using).
- Bake at 170c or Gas 3 for 20 mins.
- When cool cover with icing and decorate.