These biscuits are delicious, they just melt in the mouth a real pick me up on a cold day with a steaming cup of tea. The crumb mixture can be very fragile to work with so take your time when it comes to kneading it. I sometimes don’t use a rolling pin just push it down and shape with my hands. My mum has experimented with this recipe until she got it just right, so thanks mum for sharing it with us.
What do you need?
- 225 g (8 ounces) butter
- 100 g (3.5ounces) icing sugar
- 225 g (8 ounces) plain gluten-free flour
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) cornflour
- pinch salt
What do you do?
- Cream butter and sugar until soft and light.
- Gradually work in flours stirring well.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Roll out to about 2 cm thick.
- Cut into rounds and put on to a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 160 c or Gas 3 for 30 mins.