Gluten Free Green Tomato Chutney Recipe
Like many people, I had a lot of tomatoes that didn’t ripen this year. So what better way to use them up by making this delicious gluten-free green tomato chutney?
It goes very well with cheese, cold meats, pasta, as a sandwich filler and in curries. I love to make this as gifts for Christmas, it will bring a smile.
Gluten Free Green Tomato Chutney
What do you need?
- 1kg or 2.2lbs green tomatoes
- 500g or 1.1lb red onions
- 150g or 5.2oz raisins
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 200g or 7oz dark brown sugar
- 200g or 7oz light brown sugar
- 200ml or 6.5floz white wine vinegar
What do you do?
- Chop tomatoes, red onion and crush the garlic
- Put into a large pan, add the rest of the ingredients
- Bring to the boil then simmer uncovered for an hour or up to three, stir occasionally
- The chutney will be ready when the liquid has reduced is thick and brown
- Then spoon hot chutney into sterilised jars, label and store in a cool dark place for up to six months
- Once opened, store in the fridge and eat within 6 weeks