These chocolate brownies are delicious hot or cold, you can serve them in winter with custard or in summer with raspberries and ice-cream. What a treat!
What do you need?
- 110g (4 ounces)butter
- 85g ( 3 ounces) good quality cooking chocolate
- 110g (4 ounces) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 free-range eggs
- 110g (4 ounces) chopped nuts ( I used walnuts )
- 110g (4 ounces) dark brown sugar
What do you do?
- Pre-heat oven to 175c or Gas 4.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl. ( place the bowl over a saucepan of hot water).
- Then mix chocolate/butter into the dry ingredients mix together well.
- Put into a 24 cm 8inch greased square tin.
- Bake in oven 175c or Gas 4 for 45 mins. To check if it is fully cooked put a skewer in the centre of the brownie if it comes out clean it is cooked.
- When cooked turn out onto a cooling rack.
- When cool cut into squares and serve with your favourite sauce, hot chocolate & raspberries, cream or ice-cream.